The Ministry of Tourism's bill on diving tourism, which seeks to improve the existing institutional framework and introduce new regulations aimed at developing diving tourism and harnessing the comparative advantages of our underwater areas through the emergence and promotion of new diving. Minister of Tourism, Mr. Haris Theocharis, presented at yesterday's meeting of the Council of Ministers in Maximos Mansion under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
The amendments introduced aim at removing obstacles that have resulted in the malfunction of the activity in question. Particularly:
- Diving Tourism Council is established for the first time.
- Seeks to categorize diving tourism attractions.
- Regulate issues related to the archaeological sites visited.
- The obligation to inform the Competent Authorities in writing prior to any diving is regulated.
- Regulate issues related to leisure diving service by diving and accommodation (diving cruises, live aboard).
-The bureaucratic barriers to locating the profession of Diving Leisure Provider are removed.
- Bureaucratic loopholes are removed that hinder the growth of the industry.